Testosterone is the primary sex hormone. In men, it plays a vital role in the formation of sperm and also affects the development of bone and muscle tissue. In the female body, testosterone is also produced, but in minimal quantities – it helps in the distribution of adipose tissue, promotes the maturation of the follicle during ovulation, and regulates libido.
There are times you may experience a drop in testosterone. The good thing is you can supplement it. Aphro-D is a dietary supplement that can help boost testosterone levels in your body. In men, a severe drop in testosterone levels is usually associated with serious medical conditions that require qualified treatment.
Temporary to moderate decline is often due to stress, inactivity, and poor nutrition. Symptoms: irritability and insomnia, increased sweating, baldness, obesity, decreased muscle mass, impotence. Also, men really have a “midlife crisis” – a kind of analog of female menopause. During this period (usually after age 40), testosterone production drops, and the body becomes less active.
How to Raise Your Testosterone Levels
If there is a severe shortage of testosterone, it is necessary to consult a doctor who will conduct an examination and prescribe medications. If the decrease in the hormone is small, you can stimulate its production at home. The following set of measures is best suited for this:
- Engage in regular physical activity. It is best to do strength training and work with extreme weights.
- Work on your emotional state. Cortisol, released in stressful situations, blocks testosterone production.
- Establish a diet plan and lose weight. Ideally, switch to proper nutrition and monitor proteins, fats, and carbohydrates. A large amount of carbohydrates produces a spike in insulin that suppresses testosterone production. A low-carb or keto diet is best for losing weight and raising testosterone.
- Get enough sleep. Various sleep disorders slow down the production of the male hormone.
- Sunbathe and take vitamin D – a system-forming element for testosterone production.
Foods That Can Help Boost Your Testosterone
Here are the top 5 foods that can increase testosterone levels:
- Oysters are rich in zinc, the main building block for testosterone.
- Avocados – Healthy fats are the basis for testosterone synthesis.
- Celery – Contains aldosterone, a hormone responsible for sexual function and increases testosterone levels.
- Oatmeal – It is in the composition of fiber, which positively affects blood circulation in the pelvic organs and testicles, increasing testosterone.
- Figs – Fruits are rich in potassium, magnesium, iron, which help stabilize testosterone.